Thursday 7 May 2009

Nearing the end

I have about one thousand words left until the end of my degree. That is quite scary. Also, I'm leaving quite early compared to all the other third years. I announced that I am leaving for home next week on facebook, and got the following reaction:
I'm quite touched at the outrage and the threats of kidnap (what is more moving than someone wanting to kidnap you?). I'd like to add that Kaylee likes this only because she is from home, and is not looking to get rid of me.

So I think I owe people an explanation. First, I'm going to Paris the week after next to help my brother take things back home with him. Second, I have no money. After I've sorted out my rent, I wont actually have that much. Third, I need a job (as a consequence to number two), and I'm hoping that I'll beat all the rest of the students by returning earlier. So they are the reasons why I'm going home so soon. I may return for a few days for the CU leaver's party (especially as I came up with a possible theme).

At the moment I have a cold. Rachael gets annoyed if I call it swine flu. Mind you, she has heard me tell countless people that I have swine flu, so it must be wearing thin by now. Tomorrow is the May Ball.The Zutons are our main lineup, which is really cool. They probably wont cancel like the last two years as it is on their website.

Now I need to reduce the number of words until I've finished my degree.

1 comment:

  1. Oh okay, we'll let you off. Hope you get over the swine flu well enough to really appreciate the May Ball. And do come back for the leaver's party!

    ReplyDelete