Monday 11 May 2009

Anticlimaxical

Yes, I know that's a word I've just made up. Anyway, I've finished my degree. No more essays, not more exams, no more Reading Theory. It is all done. Also, I've pretty much packed everything in my room, and it's all been carted off back home. It's quite depressing looking around and there being nothing. All my posters and postcards I had on my wall are gone. All my books are gone. It's so sad. I'm going to be leaving on Friday, for pastures new. Well, old actually, I'll be going back home. It's all anticlimactic.

My parents came up this weekend to collect all my belongings. Rachael and I went with said parents to the Tynllidiart Arms in Capel Bangor. It holds the World Record for being the smallest commercial brewery in the world. We ate lots of nice food. Very nice food.

Sunday, my friend Jenny got baptised and confirmed, so that was really nice. She was so nervous, bless her, but it went fine. Also yesterday, Rachael started her own blog.

So I'll just impart some words of advice to Rachael. It will ruin your life. Not really. But you do need to change which timezone you're in. So head over to her blog and say a great big 'HI!'.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I came upon this post via your randomiser :) I found giving in my dissertation very anticlimaxical - the Arts & Social Sciences students all gave in their dissertations on the same day and the uni always make a big thing about it, with a lined route to the hall where the submission desks are, bbqs, DJs, bouncy castles etc, but the Life Sciences give in their dissertations just after Easter just to the school office and hand it over, sign the sheet and that's it. Totally uninspiring!
    Giving in my PhD thesis is likely to be just as anticlimaxical, with only the people in my lab and my close friends knowing I'm even doing it.

    ReplyDelete