Tuesday 26 May 2009

Dreams

This morning I woke up at about 7.30, and decided I would lie in bed for about another half an hour. That half an hour turned in to about two a half hours of waking sleep. It is these kinds of sleeps in whcih I remember my dreams, and my dreams have a tendancy of being very weird.

One of them involved riding on the back of a giant, but I don't remember that one too well. The strangest one was, well, odd. I was at Banana Club and there were hundreds of kids. Hundreds. And they were all running about causing havoc (not unusual), but then my jaw went weird. I couldn't open my mouth and it was excruciatingly painful. I went from the doors in the Castle Rooms (where Banana Club is) too the toilets and ended up in a duty free shop of an airport. I felt myself worrying about my jaw, and the fact I had somehow bipassed all security checks. I was trying to communicate with an ugly manager at the shop (who was destinctly similar to the aforementioned giant), but could only manage 'Humm, mmm mmm mmm.' Then, I reminded myself it was just a dream and told myself to open my mouth. I did and woke up.

If Freud was alive, well, I think even he would struggle with this one.

1 comment:

  1. It's known as a hypnagogic moment. Often induced by habitual drug taking...

    ReplyDelete