Sunday 5 April 2009

Turkish Baths and The Boat That Rocked

Okay, the Turkish Bath part may be a bit misleading, but I'll explain it now. I'm back at home, and enjoying the home comforts of food, TV and seeing my relatives. The house, though, is not particularly tidy. It is not due to slovenly behaviour (like that of my student friends), but more redecorating chaos. There is one thing in particular I do not like about being home. It is the downstairs power shower. It officially hates me. Whenever the sound of the whirring noise changes I know the shower is preparing to spite me. The is no rhyme or reason in what is about to happen. It just does. After the noise as change the shower suddenly sprays me with either ridiculously hot or cold water. Then after thirty seconds it sprays me with the temperature it hasn't done so yet. So the effect is like that of the cold plunge pool followed by the sauna.

Last night I went to see The Boat that Rocked. The experience was unusual because I saw only two days after it's release, rather than the standard 32 in Aberystwyth (random fact: I can't type Aberystwyth properly). It was alright. The performances weren't bad, the storyline was not overly boring and the sinking scenes were quite fun. After that we went to a very posh restaurant for food, which was very nice. (Another random fact: when using the spell-checker the nearest word it can find to Aberystwyth is abreast.)

1 comment: