Tuesday 7 April 2009

Pangrammatic Window

The title of the last post of my brother's blog was a French pangram. A pangram is a sentence that contains every word of the language, such as 'The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog'. I went on the wikipedia page about pangrams, and then saw the link to pangrammatic window. What is a pangrammatic window when it's out? you ask. It is, I respond, a naturally occurring piece of text that has all the letters of the alphabet in it. This made me want to see whether any of my posts were actually pangrammatic windows. I mean it would be easy, seeing as I live in the exceptional and quite bizarre Aberystwyth. My last post, 'Turkish Baths and The Boat That Rocked' would have been if it wasn't for the pesky letter 'z'. But I endeavoured, and hurrah, '21st Century Citizen' (including the title) is, indeed, a pangrammatic window. That pretentious piece of drivel was useful for something. I'd like to extend some thanks to Jerry Cooke for making it possible. Without him I would not have had the illusive 'j'. If I ever write a book those last two sentences will have to be in my dedication.

2 comments:

  1. my entry "Woah, Long time no see!" entry is a pangrammatic window. And I didn't even need to resort to talking about Jerry Cooke... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. and so is "HELLO WORLD!" I'm obviously a pangram master.

    ReplyDelete