Wednesday 29 July 2009

Power of prayer

As a Christian I try to incorporate my faith into every aspect of my life. I believe that God takes the priority over everything and that if he isn't a part of something in my life then that doesn't reflect that. However, the internet, especially facebook, has always been

brush drawing on blue primed paperImage via Wikipedia

an issue. However, I have found ways involving my faith and the web, and I've blogged about some of them. A big part of my very short list on websites that save the world and preoccupation with justice was to do with my faith.

Another thing I have done is request prayers via facebook. I've done it before, but on Monday I asked about 20 people to send me 3 prayer requests. The response has been encouraging, and this evening I had a list of about 25 things to pray for ('surely it should be a multiple of 3?' you ask. I had other things to pray for too). So that's really good. It's always good when you know that there are people out there praying for you, and it's good to return the favour. Also, whilst some people replied privately, others replied to the thread prompting the people on the list to pray for the others too. This meant that my friends in Germany are now praying for people they've never met in Aberystwyth, for instance. I think that's so cool.

I've got ideas for what I'm going to get people to pray for next week, and I really pray that it encourages others. So, on that note, if you want prayer, don't hesitate to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment