Thursday 23 July 2009

New starts

I have left Aberystwyth for good now. This is sad, and scary, and mostly sad. My last week was a joyous one, where I graduated, when on the steam train to Devil's Bridge, barn danced, and solved the case of the curious cadaver (more about that in another post, methinks). It was such a nice-and somewhat bizarre ending-to three years. This will possibly be the last post I write about Aberystwyth. I'm sure I've said that before.

This week I've started a new job. Slightly daunting and sort of slightly frustrating. I am now a part-time youth worker for a Church. However, seeing as its the school holidays, I probably wont get to see the youth very much. At least it will give me time to prepare. I'm also learning all the admin side of things, like the database (using this web-based software 'Fellowship One') and stuff. I just want to get on and do things with the youth. But, patience is a virtue, as they say.

I've been sorting out my stuff, that has arrived from Aberystwyth. Well, when I say 'sorting' I mean looking at it, despairing and then distracting myself by doing something else. I'm off to look, despair and distract.

1 comment:

  1. It's always sad to move but new beginnings are exciting too. Looking, despairing, and distracting are an essential part of any organizational task. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete