Friday 26 March 2010

Factual Friday

I haven't blogged in a while. I know, I know. That makes me a bad person. If there was a list of bad people, I'd be on there somewhere between Gengis Khan and King Herod. So I'm going to make it up to you. I don't know how but I will.

One way is to start a 'Factual Friday'. That is where, once a week, I write about some random thing. It can be of a theme of your choosing. It could be on something topical. But I will write it. Hold me to it. Nag me. Throw bananas at me if you want to. I don't know why you would, but whatever floats your boat.

This week I'm going to talk about monkeys. Why, you may ask? Because I am going to a zoo tomorrow and I've been really excited about seeing the monkeys. There are 264 known species of monkeys in the world, and they can range from the pygmy marmoset, which is only 14-16cm long and weighs an impressive 140g; to the Madrill that are nearly 1m long and weigh in at 35kg.

Famous monkeys include Katie, who played Marcel in Friends, the various monkeys that have gone into space (including Gordo who sadly lost his life), and the famous Three Wise Monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment