Saturday 18 October 2014

A lotta allotments

Autumn is here; the weather is getting wet and cold. So, what's the perfect activity for this time of year? Gardening, apparently.

Last Saturday, a group of us from church went to help out on a friend's allotment. Their circumstances this year have not been conducive to keeping on top of weeding, etc. So in preparation for next year, we turned over her beds so the are ready to be planted in. Hopefully, it'll mean just a bit of weeding (although she has bindweed and dandelions a-plenty) and she is all ready to go.

We had a few occasional showers, but the sun was bright for the most part. It was particularly nice during lunch.


I've also got myself a more permanent allotment fix. Another friend has one local to me and I'm going to be helping out on theirs (I just need a key). This plot comes complete with a mud hut. So my winter is going to be spent digging and seeking refuge in the hut. I might buy a wood burner for it.

I'll return with photos over the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment