Thursday 27 May 2010

Eek...

This is getting dicey. Like really scary. My 26 books in a year seems to be running out of steam. I'm on my 8/9th book (I'm half-way through both Velvet Elvis and Great Expectations), when according to a quick Excel sheet I've just knocked up I should be on my 11th. My 11th.

Okay, perhaps I shouldn't panic too much. First, I read more books in the holiday than in term-time and it's nearly a holiday, so I should be okay. If I manage to finish both books this holiday and start another I'll only be two behind. Then there's the summer holidays, when I will obviously read hundreds of books. The stack of books in the picture below: that's nothing, squat, zilch compared to the amount I'm going to read.

I'm possibly going to drop into Oxfam books this afternoon and pick out a light book to read. It's not cheating, but seriously guys, I need a contrast from Great Expectations.

I've not been that good at my factual Friday. But no-one has been pestering me, so you only have yourself to blame.

On Tuesday it was Geek Pride Day. Unfortunately, I learnt this too late so I didn't celebrate it appropriately. You wait until next year, you just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment