Sunday 1 November 2009

It has begun

It is currently 2:30 in the morning. I awoke at 1 am and have typed furiously, well quite quickly, for the last one and a half hours. I have reached 1696 words of my 50000 word target. That is thirty words over the daily target. However, that doesn't mean I shall rest on my laurels. I am going to try and cushion myself for the busy week ahead.

It has to be said, though, it is pure drivel. It is a good job that it isn't NobPriWinBoWriMo (which is obviously Nobel Prize Winning Book Writing Month) because I would so be on the fail now.

One brilliant resource, for those NaNoWriMoers out there is Write or Die. What you do is set how many words you want to write, let's say 500 in 15 minutes, and then type until you've reached this point. If you stop typing for any length of time bad things happen to you and your family. Well, no, the screen goes red and if you have it on Kamikaze mode, your work will disappear.

So this is it.
Written today: 1696
Written so far: 1696

1 comment:

  1. I don't like the idea of this Write or Die thing... sounds a bit too viscious to me.
    Anyway, good luck and I hope you'll be proud of what you achieve (whether its a completed novel or a mostly written one).

    ReplyDelete